Palliative care patients and their families require sensitive care throughout all stages of a life limiting illnesses. Manzil’s customized programs provide a targeted, integrated, and interdisciplinary approach designed to improve the quality of life of patients and families dealing with these illnesses. It aims to help alleviate the suffering and assist with some of the difficult decision making for patients with advanced illnesses, by early identification, assessment and treatment of pain and other symptoms.
Scope of Service:
- Extensive nursing care hours
- Intermittent nurse
- Respite care
What we do:
- Nursing assessment and care planning to manage pain or other symptom of the illness
- Nutritional assessment and support
- Support for patients and families to meet cultural and religious obligations and emotional and spiritual concerns
- Counselling and grief support
Type of patients who will benefits from this program
Examples include those with:
- Severe heart failure, cardiomyopathies and advanced cardiac disease
- Advanced lung disease, end stage pulmonary fibrosis, advanced Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Advanced neurological disorders like motor neuron disease, advanced Parkinson’s disease, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP), and Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- End stage kidney or liver disease