Chronic disease is a major driver of rising health care costs as people with chronic conditions typically use more health care services and resources. As the prevalence & associated costs of chronic disease continue to grow, management of such conditions becomes a pressing global concern.
Care for the chronically ill presents an opportunity for improved health outcomes through disease management programs. Disease management programs use proactive and preventative approaches to provide better care for patients with specific chronic conditions, reduce complications and utilization of expensive hospital resources.
All program efforts are based on Manzil’s underlying premise that individuals can make informed choices about their own health and medical care if they are provided information about their disease, self-care management & are guided and supported throughout the treatment journey. Manzil disease management programs help participants understand the factors that impact health status and support them in making changes toward improved health outcomes.
Manzil does so through a range of services, including:
- Phone-based health coaching by specially trained registered nurses. The nurses provide health and medical information and help participants develop a plan to self-manage their condition
- Routine reporting/feedback to treating physician to ensure continuity of care & encourage adherence to physician’s instructions
- Home visits
Manzil disease management programs promote:
- Improved care for individuals with chronic diseases
- Improved course and outcome of disease
- Reduced need for acute medical interventions
- Improved patients’ quality of life